Volunteering here at the sanctuary is a unique opportunity to work alongside over 100+ rescue animals ranging from exotic to domestic animals including parrots, meerkats, ferrets, snakes, lizards & more! We always need help with the endless cleaning, enrichment, feeding and even just sitting with a nervous animal or new arrival.
You must be 16+ to volunteer and ideally be able to commit to a weekly session.
No experience is required however it is preferred
We always need help with the endless cleaning, enrichment, feeding and even just sitting with a nervous animal or new arrival. Daily tasks here at the sanctuary are:
- Cleaning enclosures
- Checking animals over to make sure everything is as it should be
- Making enrichment and giving this to animals
- Sitting with nervous animals and new arrivals
- Checking enclosures over for any signs of deterioration or destruction by the animals.
- General assisting with animals
We ask that full physical & mental fitness required. Must be able to squat & stand with ease.
Species currently at the sanctuary include:
Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Mice, Hamsters, Rats, Gerbils, Parrots, Frogs, Spiders, Snakes, Iguanas, Tegus, Bearded Dragons, Geckos, Chameleons, Meerkats and Ferrets (and more).
If you feel that this could be idea for you please contact us and we can arrange a visit to show you the sanctuary and when you could help.